Monday, June 29, 2015

Greek Inspired Menu!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! 

Despite the rain on Saturday, we had a great day! Dan and I played in a golf outing with my Dad and a family friend. The first few holes were soggy and wet but by the end the sun was trying to pop through the clouds! Saturday evening we attended the wedding of my cousin who wore one of the most beautiful wedding gowns - she looked stunning! 

Today I want to share one of my favorite food flavor inspirations - Greek! I love the fresh, clean taste of Greek inspired foods. The menu I prepared below is light and refreshing with plenty of leftovers. 

Greek Inspired Menu:
- Greek marinated grilled chicken breast
- Hummus
- Pita

For the chicken, I marinated chicken breast in a delicious dressing I found at Sam's Club. It is low in calories but full of flavor. Then I grilled it which gave an even better flavor. 

The Middle Eastern Vegetable Salad is a favorite in our house and something I make all year long. I, especially, love it in the summer when I can pick the herbs from my garden. Next month, I hope to use my own tomatoes. Many of my go-to recipes are from the Barefoot Contessa - Ina can do no wrong! :) I do change this recipe up by using less EVOO. It is great the next day too!


I am convinced my kiddos will eat anything with cucumber in it - Tzatziki included! Frannie eats this by the spoonful. I change up this recipe by using Greek Yogurt. This time I used fat free and I couldn't tell at all. The leftovers are great as a veggie dip too.


Last, I serve store bought hummus (Sabra is the best) and warmed pita. This menu is easy to prepare and is so delish! I hope you try it out and enjoy the fresh flavors! 

Check back this week as I talk about how I prepare for vacation with little ones! 

xo,
Stephanie 


No comments:

Post a Comment