Sausage & Peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 lbs Italian sausage (mild and/or hot)
- 1 jar marinara
- 1 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- parsley, basil, salt & pepper
- Hoagie buns
1. Heat a dutch oven over medium heat, brown sausage links and remove.
2. Add oil and butter to the oven to melt followed by onions, peppers and garlic. Cook until onions get soft (5-7 minutes).
3. Return sausage to oven and add in marinara, tomatoes, and parsley/basil. (I used fresh basil I had on hand and Italian seasoning.)
4. Cover dutch oven and lower heat to medium-low.
5. Simmer for one hour.
6. Serve in a hoagie bun with or without cheese on top.
We always have plenty leftover so I will serve the leftovers with rigatoni later in the week.
Hope everyone is enjoying the game or the commercials!
No comments:
Post a Comment