Prayer of St. Francis de Sales
It is a time of uncertainty to say the least. School buildings are closed. Our children will be learning online and at home. Grocery store employees are frantically working to keep the shelves stocked. Medical professionals are working around the clock. Our calendars have been wiped clear but we will be busy as ever as we figure out this new norm. We will wear many hats and play many roles over the coming months. We will comfort our children, our spouses, our friends and ourselves.
My family ventured out to Mass this morning but practiced "social distancing' while there. Attendance was sparse so it was easy to do. It is possibly the last Mass we will attend in person for the unforeseeable future. I needed this time of prayer to feel more at ease and I am so glad we went.
Our Monsignor and his homily gave us great comfort. He shared with us a prayer he says daily and one I will be adding to my own prayers. How fitting for these trying times are the words of St. Francis de Sales.
No comments:
Post a Comment