Thursday, April 16, 2015

ORC: Week 3

Three weeks into the One Room Challenge to update our three season room and I have few things to update. Because of the Easter holiday and a busy, busy work schedule, my progress has been minimal. 

I decided on paint colors for the walls and door but am still looking for the perfect shade of blue for the ceiling. For the walls and trim, I am going with Sherwin William's Westhighland White (SW7566) to make the space appear as large as possible. It is a narrow space and I know how cramped it can look when I add in furniture. 

For the door, I am moving away from red and trying out a very new to me color, Sherwin William's Naval (SW6244). I really wanted to go with a pop of color but the door opens into the rest of our home and the colors would not flow. 

I love the way this blue-navy blue door looks with the green ferns and black containers. I always decorate the three season room with ferns and plan to include pops of green. I think this color will bring out the blue tone colors in the entry way floor.
I love these tall planters on the front porch, it adds more visual apeal. *Paint planters same color as front door!

My plan of attack for this weekend and upcoming week include: 
- giving the walls a good scrubbing to prep for paint
- removing the popcorn ceiling
- selecting a ceiling color
- paint
- giving more thought to decor

Thanks for following along! Be sure to check out the other ORC participants here.

1 comment:

  1. Removing popcorn ceiling is a mess...kudos to you for attempting it. I love the blues. Cannot wait to see the results.

    ReplyDelete